Archive for the ‘convert doc’ Tag
You can now use Zamzar to convert MS Word documents (.doc files) into a variety of different image formats, including jpg, gif and png. This conversion is really useful for situations when you might want to embed graphics or thumbnails of Word documents into a website, or to share the contents of a document with a client in a format that can’t be edited by them.
You can now convert MS Word documents into any of the following formats:
- bmp – Windows bitmap
- gif – Compuserve graphics interchange
- jpg – JPEG compliant image
- pcx – PC Paintbrush Bitmap Graphic
- png – Portable Network Graphic
- ps – Postscript document
- thumbnail – Thumbnail image
- tiff – Tagged image file format
MS Word doesn’t allow you to save into any of these image formats, so to convert your Word docs, just head on over to Zamzar.
We think this feature will be particularly useful for our visually impaired users, many of whom receive documents from friends and colleagues in formats that are difficult for screen readers to access. We also hope this will come in handy for anyone who wants to listen to documents, emails or pdf files on the go – All files are converted into the mp3 format, making them ideal for listening on portable music players such as the iPod.
The full list of supported files which you can convert into mp3 is listed below:
- doc – Microsoft Word Document
- docx – Microsoft Word 2007 Document
- odt – OpenDocument Text Document
- pdf – Portable Document Format
- pub – Microsoft Publisher
- txt – Plain Text document
- wpd – Wordperfect Document
- wps – Microsoft Works Document
Just click to try out Zamzar’s document to speech magic right now, or hit the play button below to hear the text of this post spoken out loud !